Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Partner Scholarships 2022 are being offered at the Macquarie University of Australia. Applications are now open for its 2022-2023 session for scholarships at Macquarie University.
International students from all over the world can have a chance to study at one of the most prestigious schools in Australia. This ASEAN scholarship offers a tuition fee waiver.
Macquarie University, which is situated in the heart of Australia, Sydney, has a reputation for graduate employability and a high standard of education. The school equips the students with all the tools, techniques, and experiences necessary to succeed in the professional world of today.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of applicants’ merit and their financial need. Every year the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) puts in millions of dollars to help the potential young students get the education that they deserve. This scholarship program funds the education of students at the undergraduate level.
Eligibility Criteria of the ASEAN Scholarship Award:
- Applicants first need to meet the eligibility criteria set by Macquarie University for their undergraduate admissions.
- They must be citizens of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- They must get enrolled in one of the undergraduate programs offered by Macquarie University.
- They must be enrolled in a program that in its duration must be longer than one session.
- They should be transferring from one of the following universities as part of a dual degree program:
- HELP University, Malaysia,
- Bangkok University, Thailand
- Ho Chi Minh City University, Vietnam.
- They must possess a CGPA of at least 5 on a scale of 7 (if their country uses some other scale, applicants are advised to use a converter to check their eligibility)
- They should be proficient in English and must submit scores of IELTS or TOEFL if their first language is not English.
- They must be enrolled in the UG program of Macquarie University to continue getting the scholarship. If for any reason, the recipient drops out of his/her program, he/she will be required to repay the value of the scholarship availed by him/her during the time he/she stayed at the university.
Applicants that are ineligible to apply are:
- Part-time students
- Citizens or permanent residents of either Australia or New Zealand.
- Exchange students coming to Macquarie University for a semester or two.
Coverage Plan of ASEAN Scholarships:
The ASEAN scholarship has a value of 15,000 AUD per recipient. This award is given in the form of a tuition fee waiver. With that, the accommodation facility with accidental health insurance coverage is provided.
Process to apply for ASEAN Scholarships:
- Potential applicants have to fill out an ASEAN scholarship application form available at the official website of Macquarie University (Link given at the end of this article). This form is only available during the application dates.
- The students will get a student ID number from Macquarie. After that, they can submit the scholarship application.
- Applicants will have to log into the student portal and access the application form. They have to fill it and submit it with all the required documents.
Documents Required to apply for ASEAN Scholarships:
- Academic records of the applicants (transcripts, degrees, and certificates)
- English language proficiency certificate (IETLS or TOEFL)
- An updated CV listing the qualifications and experiences of the applicant
- Motivation letter describing why the applicant should get the scholarship
- Two recommendation letters from the applicant’s professors and/or employers
- Research Proposal or study plan
- SOP (Statement of Purpose) explaining how the applicant would contribute to the university once the applicant gets the award.
Selection Process of the Scholarship:
Applicants are selected based on the following things:
- Academic records and CGPA
- Financial need
- Scores of standardized tests required to study in Australia
- Recommendation letters from professors or employers
- Evaluation of Study plan or proposed research