Bash Scripting Course. BASH is a powerful shell scripting language that can be used for a variety of purposes. These courses will teach you how to use BASH to accomplish tasks such as managing files, creating and running programs, and communicating with other computers.
Learn the basics of the powerful and popular Linux shell scripting language with these comprehensive online courses. Includes tutorials, quizzes, and exercises to help you master the fundamentals of BASH. This course is designed for beginners and will teach you the basics of programming in the UNIX shell.
Bash Scripting Course
In these courses, you will learn the basics of the Bash shell, including how to navigate your filesystem, run commands from the command line, and use basic text manipulation techniques. You will also learn how to create scripts that interact with other programs on your computer, manage data files using custom formats, and use shell scripting techniques for system administration tasks.
#1 Bash Scripting and Shell Programming (Linux Command Line)
This course will teach you how to use the bash shell and its scripting language. You will learn how to write scripts that are efficient and powerful, and you will solve real-world problems using them. This course is perfect for anyone who wants to learn how to write shell scripts effectively.
Shell scripting is a powerful tool for automating tasks and working with system files. In this course, you will learn about the special variables available in the bash shell, how to use them, and when to use them. You’ll also learn about creating a shell script creation checklist that will help you create scripts that are error-free and effective.
You will Learn
- A step-by-step process of writing bash shell scripts that solve real-world problems.
- The #1 thing you must do every time you create a bash script.
- How to quickly find and fix the most common shell scripting errors.
- For those of you who want to start programming right away, watch the two video shell scripting crash course. If you do nothing else than watch these two videos you’ll be ahead of most bash programmers.
- How to accept input from a user and then make decisions on that input.
- How to accept and process command line arguments.
- What special variables are available, how to use them in your shell scripts, and when to do so.
- A shell script creation checklist — You’ll never have to guess what to include in each of your shell scripts again. Just use this simple checklist.
- A shell script template (boilerplate). Use this format for each of your shell scripts. It shows exactly what to include and where everything goes. Eliminate guesswork!
- Practice exercises with solutions so you can start using what you learn right away.
- Real-world examples of shell scripts from my personal collection.
- A download that contains the scripts used in the presentations and lessons. You’ll be able to look at and experiment with everything you’re learning.
- Quizzes after each section just to make sure you’re learning the most important aspects of shell scripting.
#2 Bash Mastery: The Complete Guide to Bash Shell Scripting
This course provides a comprehensive guide to mastering the bash shell and using it for automating tasks, saving time, and boosting your career. You will learn how to create powerful scripts that can handle almost any task you need them to. The 14+ mini-projects will keep you engaged and motivated, and the practical side of learning gives you the experience you need to master all types of bash scripting.
Bash scripting can be used in a variety of scenarios, such as system administration or software development. This course provides an introduction to bash scripting so you can start using it today.
You will Learn
- Write bash scripts independently
- Fluently read and write bash syntax
- Automate workflows with bash scripts.
- Debug bash scripts using professional debugging tools
- Execute bash scripts on remote servers
#3 Bash Shell Scripting: Crash Course For Beginners
This course is only for beginners who want to learn Bash Shell Scripting from the ground up. Starting from the Command Line, we will move on to scripting with real-world projects. The course will teach you how to create powerful and efficient scripts, using both simple and complex commands.
You will learn how to use the command line to its fullest potential and get started writing your own shell scripts. No matter what your experience level is, this course has something for you. After teaching you the basics of shell scripting, the last two sections are project-based, in which we will use what you have learned to create a working script that solves a real-world problem.
You will Learn
- Learn how to use the command line
- Be able to write your own Shell scripts
- Automate tasks using Shell scripts
- Make decisions by using if-else statements
- Make decisions based on strings, variables, or files
- How to use arithmetic expressions
- How to loop through files and folders with for and while loops
- How to use functions
- How to deal with variables scope
- Create Shell Scripts that solve a real-world problem