Introduction to Web AR development. Web AR development is the process of creating Augmented Reality applications that can be accessed and used on web browsers. The technology has been growing in popularity over the past few years, with major companies such as Google and Facebook investing in its development. Web AR allows users to see digital objects mixed with the real world, allowing them to interact with information in a new way.
Introduction to Web AR development
This course will teach you all the necessary skills to build AR applications. with web XR, mindAR, three.js and tensorflow.js
You will Learn
- Gain hands-on experience in building different types of Web AR applications including Image Effects, Face Effects and World Effects
- Acquire a basic understanding of how AR works in web browsers
- Master using WebXR, mind-ar-js, and threejs for building web AR applications
- Learn to integrate AR with machine learning models using TensorFlow to build highly interactive experiences
- Get to know other important web AR libraries, including AFRAME, model-viewer, and commercial SDKs
- Learn using effective debugging, simulating, and mocking tools to speed up development
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all web AR technologies, now and near future, and know when to use what
- Build and publish an online AR portfolio for yourself
This is the most comprehensive guide to developing web-based augmented reality applications. Web AR stands out from others in that it’s cross-platform and requires no app installation. They are just regular web pages run on regular web browsers.
What will you learn
- In this course, you will learn how to use MindAR open-source library for building Image AR effects and Face AR effects. MindAR is a successor of AR.js, which is the most popular free-to-use AR library in the world.
- Besides, you will learn how to use WebXR api for building world AR effects. WebXR is a native browser api for developing immersive AR and VR effects on browsers.
- You will also learn how to integrate tensorflow.js machine learning models into AR applications, to create highly interactive and interesting effects. For example, using hand gestures or facial expressions to control AR contents.
- You will also kickstart the journey of mastering the most popular 3D rendering framework called three.js.
- Other important web AR technologies will also be covered, including AFRAME, model-viewer and commercial AR SDKs.
- Besides practical development skills, you will also learn theoretical knowledge on how AR works in a browser environment.
The course material is carefully designed. Each lecture is highly modular to deliver a single concept, which allows you to look up any references easily in the future. All the sample source code is concise and well explained.
Besides lectures, you will have to finish 3 practical assignments in total, one for each type of tracking effect. One of the assignments is for you to create and deploy a real online AR portfolio for yourself, which you can show other people.
Useful development tips will be covered, including remote debugging tools and webcam mocking techniques.
This course includes:
- 5 hours of on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
Code: b57db17b9aa919cc7674a062491cdce53f0f379aUdemy Course Free