Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus). Learn to work on, manage & administer agile projects with this comprehensive course on JIRA Software & Confluence. This comprehensive course on JIRA Software & Confluence will teach you how to work on, manage and administer agile projects with ease. It is designed for beginners who want to learn about agile project management in a comprehensive manner.
This course begins with an overview of agile methodologies and their key components, followed by tutorials on how to work on, manage and administer an agile project using JIRA Software. You will also learn how to use Confluence for collaborative planning and tracking of your project progress.
JIRA is an open-source project management software that has been used by organizations of all sizes for years. It’s a popular choice for software development teams, as it provides an easy-to-use platform for tracking tasks, managing communication, and keeping track of changes.
Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus)
In this comprehensive course, you will learn how to use JIRA from scratch. You will explore its features and how to optimize your workflow using JIRA. You will also learn how to use JIRA collaboratively with other team members by integrating it with other applications, such as Confluence. This course comes with a bonus section on using Confluence to manage projects.
You will Learn
- Understand what JIRA is, the benefits of JIRA and how to use JIRA
- Understand Scrum – the stakeholders, events, and overall flow of work
- Understand Kanban flow of work
- Use JIRA as a user working within an agile team – creating, working on, and searching for issues, customizing dashboards, etc.
- Use JIRA as a manager of an agile team – configuring agile boards, managing the backlog, sprints, releases, etc.
- Administer all aspects of JIRA – create users, and groups, set permissions, configure issue types, screens, fields, workflows, etc.
- Use examples presented in this course to customize and use JIRA based on your own unique needs
- Get ideas (through examples presented in the course) on how JIRA can be utilized for different scenarios or situations
- Learn the basics of Confluence
- Learn how you can use both JIRA and Confluence together to work better and be more productive in general
This course walks through all the core features and concepts of JIRA with real-world examples and has been catered for general users, managers and admins. Updated as of June 2020, it incorporates and uses some of the latest features released for JIRA Software on Cloud (standard version).
Plus bonus Confluence content – learn how to use Confluence and how to take advantage of it in tandem with JIRA.
JIRA is a very comprehensive tool and one of the most popular agile project management tools out there. When used and configured correctly, it will help you work smarter, faster, and more efficiently.
WHY TAKE THE COURSE:
- Learn the most important characteristics of Scrum and Kanban agile methodologies
- Cover all the main aspects of JIRA including working within an agile team, leading an agile team, and administering the main things that makeup JIRA
- Real-world examples including
- How to manage your daily task list via a daily scrum-based process
- Configure permissions and projects for internal team members, as well as external members (Eg: consultants, customers, etc)
- JIRA allows you to create stories and epics for agile projects – learn how to create another issue type used in agile called Spike and create custom screens, fields, and workflows for this new issue type.
- Modify the default software development workflow to include steps for QA
- How to manage multiple teams working on the same projects via multiple agile boards catered to each team
- Support – I am only a message away from answering any questions you might have
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE:
- Agile Concepts – Goes into detail with Scrum and Kanban methodologies. By the end of the section, you’ll have a full refresher on these methodologies as I made sure I hit the most important notes when it comes to how they work.
- Working within an agile team – Get your first look at navigating the Jira user interface and learn how to create issues, work on issues through the agile boards, search for issues, and create custom dashboards to see what’s happening in Jira and other functions beneficial to any agile team member.
- Leading an agile team – Configuring and managing agile boards, creating and maintaining the backlog as well as starting and ending sprints and creating releases. All these steps stay true to the agile steps described in the prior section.
- Jira Administration – Goes over all the main administration sections and each part has an example that you can use to follow along with. By the end of this section, you will understand all the customizable aspects of Jira and be able to cater your own instance to fit your own specific needs.
- Next-Gen Projects – a section that dives into the versatile next-gen projects in Jira and all its capabilities
- Real-world examples, scenarios, and bonus content – This is where I show you how I use Jira to track and forecast my personal day-to-day task list, while using a daily scrum-based process, among other examples.
- Confluence – Jira’s best friend when it comes to managing content
Bottom line is that I tried to make this course a comprehensive guide to Jira that anyone would need to either get introduced to JIRA or get fully up to speed with the basic concepts and features. I feel the best way of learning something is by example. And so I put in a lot of content explaining the features and concepts with examples and am continuously working on adding more examples and scenarios to share my experience and knowledge in using JIRA within the real world.
I’ll be here to help answer any questions you might have along the way
Learn JIRA with real-world examples (+Confluence bonus) course includes:
- 11.5 hours of on-demand video
- 1 article
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
Code: 656ec64a18e187e8bc15951d010f4cde20851fd0Udemy Course Free