Linux Shell Scripting Course. Shell Scripting Discover How to Automate Command Line Tasks. Learn shell programming for Linux, Unix, & Mac. Learn how to write shell scripts like a pro & solve real-world problems. Shell scripting is a programming language that enables users to create custom commands or scripts that can be used in order to automate tasks. Shell scripts can be run interactively, or they can be scheduled to run automatically at certain times. They are often used in order to automate system administration tasks, such as installing software, managing files, and performing other common operations.
Command line tasks are a common way to automate work on your computer. This complete course will teach you how to automate these tasks using the command line. You will learn how to use commands shortcuts and tips for working.
Linux is a free and open-source operating system that runs on servers, desktops, laptops, and other devices. Many people use Linux for its stability and security features. Shell programming is a way to automate tasks in Linux by writing scripts. This course provides you with the basics of shell programming so that you can automate common tasks.
Linux Shell Scripting Course
Shell scripting can be a powerful tool for automating routine tasks on your computer. This course will teach you the basics of shell scripting, including how to create and execute simple commands.
You will Learn
- Write shell scripts that can be used on Linux, Mac, and Unix operating systems.
- Automate tasks using shell scripts.
- Create complex scripts that take advantage of advanced bash shell features.
JOIN THE OTHER 20,000 SUCCESSFUL STUDENTS WHO HAVE ALREADY MASTERED SHELL SCRIPTING AND THE LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM WITH ONE OF MY TOP-RATED COURSES!
If you want to learn how to write shell scripts like a pro, solve real-world problems, or automate repetitive and complex tasks, read on.
By the end of this course, you will be able to create shell scripts with ease. You’ll learn how to take tedious and repetitious tasks and turn them into programs that will save you time and simplify your life on Linux, Unix, or MAC systems.
Here is what you will get and learn by taking this Shell Scripting course:
- A step-by-step process of writing shell scripts that solve real-world problems.
- The #1 thing you must do every time you create a shell script.
- How to quickly find and fix the most common shell scripting errors.
- For those of you who want to start scripting right away, watch the two video shell scripting crash course. If you do nothing else than watch these two videos you’ll be ahead of most shell programmers.
- How to accept input from a user and then make decisions on that input.
- How to accept and process command line arguments.
- What special variables are available, how to use them in your shell scripts, and when to do so.
- A shell script creation checklist — You’ll never have to guess what to include in each of your shell scripts again. Just use this simple checklist.
- A shell script template (boilerplate). Use this format for each of your shell scripts. It shows exactly what to include and where everything goes. Eliminate guesswork!
- Practice exercises with solutions so you can start using what you learn right away.
- Real-world examples of shell scripts from my personal collection.
- A download that contains the scripts used in the presentations and lessons. You’ll be able to look at and experiment with everything you’re learning.
- Quizzes after each section just to make sure you’re learning the most important aspects of shell scripting.
- Unconditional Udemy 30-day money-back guarantee – that’s my personal promise of your success!
Learn to Program Using Any Shell
What you learn in this course can be applied to any shell, however, the focus is on the bash shell and you’ll learn some really advanced bash features. Again, whether you’re using bash, bourne (sh), KornShell (ksh), C shell (csh), Z shell (zsh), or even the tcsh shell, you’ll be able to put what you learn in this course to good use.
Perfect for Linux, Unix, Mac, and More!
Also, you’ll be able to use these scripts on any Linux environment including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, RedHat, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Slackware, Kali Linux, and more. Your scripts will even run on other operating systems such as Apple’s Mac OS X, Oracle’s Solaris, IBM’s AIX, HP’s HP-UX, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD.
Linux Shell Scripting Course includes:
- 2.5 hours of on-demand video
- 1 article
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion