As a reward for academic achievement and hard work, the Government of Canada offers scholarships to encourage outstanding students to study in Canada. Scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated financial need and who have achieved certain academic goals during their high school years.
The scholarships are available to students who are enrolled in accredited post-secondary institutions or colleges in Canada. These scholarships provide financial assistance for required fees, books, and other educational expenses required for further study (i.e., a degree or professional certification). The funding is administered by various levels of government including the Canada Education Act (Canada Student Loans) or the Canada Student Grants.
This Scholarship is designed for Doctoral Degrees (Ph.D.), Combined MA/Ph.D., MD/Ph.D., Masters leading to Ph.D., The Government of Canada is funding this scholarship. You will be able to study at any university in Canada which is supported by the Vanier Canada Scholarship. All courses are available.
Duration Of Scholarship:
This scholarship is available for a period of up to three years or a period of more than three years.
This scholarship covers the cost of books, room, and board as well as tuition and other required living expenses while you are studying. These scholarships may be awarded to students who are enrolled in post-secondary or private institutions of study in Canada.
About Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarship:
- Country Name: Canada
- Supported by: Government of Canada
- Duration of scholarship: Three years
- Deadline: November 3, 2021
How Many Vanier Scholarships Are Offered?
Vanier Canada offers 166 scholarships each year. More than five hundred scholarships are active at any given time.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is awarded to those pursuing graduate studies in one of the following fields:
- Social Sciences
- Computer science
- Humanities Research
Which Canadian Universities Offer Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships?
Check out this list of universities in Canada that offer Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships.
- Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Trent University
- St. Francis Xavier University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- HEC Montréal
- McGill University
- Lakehead University
- McMaster University
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Regina
Financial Benefits of This Scholarship:
- These scholarships provide dollar 50,000 each year. This sum is sufficient to cover University tuition Fees and a Living Stipend Budget for one student studying in Canada.
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For Vanier Canada?
- Candidates must have graduate degrees and transcripts.
- You cannot have a criminal record.
- You are a Canadian Citizen or international student.
- All candidates must be in good health
- Complete the online application form
- Understanding the program criteria
- Completing the application
- Preparing for the interview
- Showing leadership skills with extra-curricular activities
- Getting to know your personal and academic strengths through self-reflection